The Forté is available in two configurations. The Forté-AP (All Purpose grinder) can grind from coarse to fine and comes with a 54mm flat ceramic burr (ideal for espresso), grounds bin for use when grinding by weight, plus a portaholder for use when grinding directly to your portafilter. The Forté-BG (Brew Grinder) is designed for manual brewing and comes with a 54mm flat steel burr (ideal for brewing) and a grounds bin.
The Forté-AP is a compact, commercial grade grinder, dedicated to grinding for ALL brew methods. The Forté-AP incorporates many features that fit well into commercial operations, including: all metal construction; small footprint; intuitive control panel; and solid macro/micro adjustment. The Forté-AP offers the ability to grind by time, for espresso dosing, or by weight. Coffee professionals find the Forté-AP to be a versatile grinder for many situations - as a small restaurant and office espresso/brew grinder, as a Roaster demo grinder for wholesale tasting, or being a dedicated grinder for decaf or single origin in a café. The Forté-AP is a durable workhorse using a 54mm flat ceramic burr (ideal for espresso), which produces an accurate and precise grind, delivering exceptional cup quality for brew methods from espresso to press pot. We re-designed the guts of the Vario-W for commercial use. The Forté-AP design includes a grinding assembly with a threaded burr holder which screws firmly into an all metal grinding chamber for a more accurate grind. A larger gear to belt ratio, combined with a more efficient DC motor increases the speed of grind and duty cycle.
- Speed To Grind: Espresso 2g/sec.— Press 3.5 to 3.7g/sec.
- Burrs: 54 mm Ceramic Burrs by Ditting (Ideal for Espresso)
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 10oz (300-400g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 6oz (170g)
- Weight: 13 lbs. (6kg)
- Dimensions WxHxD(cm): 13x36x18
- Power Rating (North America): 120 V AC 240 Watts 50/60 Hz. 2.0 Amp
- Power Rating (Other): 230 V AC 240 Watts 50/60 Hz. 1.1 Amps
- No Load Burr Speed: 1950 RPM
- Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK
- Designed & Engineered: Seattle, WA
- Exploded View & Parts List: Download PDF
- Grinder Comparison Chart: Download PDF